Where can I find recommendations for my 401k?
If your 401k is held with a former employer, you will find our recommendations assuming that you will roll it into a Rollover IRA.
For active 401k plans, we offer a self-guided tool with some basic guidelines that will help you build a diversified plan in your 401k.
Click into your Retirement dashboard
If you scroll down, you should see a box titled "How to improve" which will take you to your recommendations.
"View Personalized Advice" for your 401k
Pick a complexity level you feel comfortable with to view your personalized recommendations
- Are you registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission?
- What types of investment products do you support?
- I can't find any contact information -- can I speak to a human?
- Where do you get your data for employer-sponsored retirement plans?
- Why do you ask for my age and expected retirement age?
- View all (8 more)
- Why do you recommend selling a fund that has performed well in the past?
- Should I switch to Roth contributions in my 401(k)?
- Why do you recommend buying VEA in a tax-sheltered account?
- How do I determine my risk tolerance?
- Why are you recommending an ETF that has mediocre or even poor performance?
- View all (1 more)
- Does FutureAdvisor provide tax advice?
- Do you take taxes into consideration when allocating between taxable accounts and retirement accounts?
- Your choices when rolling over a 401(k) containing employer stock
- What is a Backdoor Roth? Is a Backdoor Roth IRA right for me?
- Your options for tax efficient educational savings
- View all (6 more)
- Do I need to transfer my accounts?
- Can I transfer one account type into another account type (ex: Roth to an Individual)?
- How long will it take to transfer my money during enrollment?
- Do I have to liquidate my funds in order to transfer them?
- Should I consider taxes when liquidating funds prior to transferring them?
- View all (3 more)
- How is FutureAdvisor’s management fee charged?
- What fees can FutureAdvisor help me reduce or avoid?
- Is FutureAdvisor's Premium management fee included in the retirement projections on my dashboard?
- Can FutureAdvisor's management fee be paid by credit or debit card?
- Why do I have such a high fee score on my dashboard?
- View all (2 more)
- Can FutureAdvisor place specific trades that I request in my account?
- I am holding a Mutual Fund or ETF that I really like, can I hold on to it?
- Will I be able to place my own trades in the accounts that you manage for me?
- How does the algorithm decide how and what to invest in?
- If I sign up, will you do anything other than make the recommended trades you've shown me?
- View all (1 more)
- I already have a 529 plan. Can I roll it over for FutureAdvisor to manage?
- Can I sign up for an education account if I'm already a Premium client?
- Why do you feature the New Hampshire 529 Plan if I’m not living in that state?
- What is the difference between a 529 and a Coverdell? Which does FutureAdvisor recommend?
- View all