How do I sign up for your Premium Service with a new account?
If you don't have an existing investment account, we can help you open a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, or a Taxable Account when you sign up for our Premium Service.
You can access your accounts by clicking on the link across the top of your page.
Click on the option to Manually Report Your Investments
Select the type of account you want to open (please disregard the "I have a" wording) and input "New Account" for the name of the brokerage.
Report the amount of cash you plan on adding to this new account. If you are setting up an IRA or a Roth IRA, please be mindful of the current IRA Contribution limits. Please also note that our minimum for (combined) managed accounts is $10,000.
Click Save. Then Done.
Repeat the process for as many accounts you want to set up.
Proceed with steps to sign up for our Premium Service. We will send you paperwork to set up a new account per your specifications. Once your account is set up, we will send you instructions to fund your new account.
- Are you registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission?
- What types of investment products do you support?
- I can't find any contact information -- can I speak to a human?
- Where do you get your data for employer-sponsored retirement plans?
- Why do you ask for my age and expected retirement age?
- View all (8 more)
- Why do you recommend selling a fund that has performed well in the past?
- Should I switch to Roth contributions in my 401(k)?
- Why do you recommend buying VEA in a tax-sheltered account?
- How do I determine my risk tolerance?
- Why are you recommending an ETF that has mediocre or even poor performance?
- View all (1 more)
- Does FutureAdvisor provide tax advice?
- Do you take taxes into consideration when allocating between taxable accounts and retirement accounts?
- Your choices when rolling over a 401(k) containing employer stock
- What is a Backdoor Roth? Is a Backdoor Roth IRA right for me?
- Your options for tax efficient educational savings
- View all (6 more)
- Do I need to transfer my accounts?
- Can I transfer one account type into another account type (ex: Roth to an Individual)?
- How long will it take to transfer my money during enrollment?
- Do I have to liquidate my funds in order to transfer them?
- Should I consider taxes when liquidating funds prior to transferring them?
- View all (3 more)
- How is FutureAdvisor’s management fee charged?
- What fees can FutureAdvisor help me reduce or avoid?
- Is FutureAdvisor's Premium management fee included in the retirement projections on my dashboard?
- Can FutureAdvisor's management fee be paid by credit or debit card?
- Why do I have such a high fee score on my dashboard?
- View all (2 more)
- Can FutureAdvisor place specific trades that I request in my account?
- I am holding a Mutual Fund or ETF that I really like, can I hold on to it?
- Will I be able to place my own trades in the accounts that you manage for me?
- How does the algorithm decide how and what to invest in?
- If I sign up, will you do anything other than make the recommended trades you've shown me?
- View all (1 more)
- I already have a 529 plan. Can I roll it over for FutureAdvisor to manage?
- Can I sign up for an education account if I'm already a Premium client?
- Why do you feature the New Hampshire 529 Plan if I’m not living in that state?
- What is the difference between a 529 and a Coverdell? Which does FutureAdvisor recommend?
- View all