How do I invest cast into the account once it's open?
Once your account is open, the easiest way to add more cash to these accounts is to do an electronic funds transfer online.
The instructions for Fidelity.com can be found here:
The instructions for TD Ameritrade are here:
Once our algorithm detects cash in your account it will be invested with 48 hours. There is no minimum for how much cash you can add to your account. However, we may not automatically invest cash balances under $200 as the trading commissions may be too high.
- Are you registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission?
- What types of investment products do you support?
- I can't find any contact information -- can I speak to a human?
- Where do you get your data for employer-sponsored retirement plans?
- Why do you ask for my age and expected retirement age?
- View all (8 more)
- Why do you recommend selling a fund that has performed well in the past?
- Should I switch to Roth contributions in my 401(k)?
- Why do you recommend buying VEA in a tax-sheltered account?
- How do I determine my risk tolerance?
- Why are you recommending an ETF that has mediocre or even poor performance?
- View all (1 more)
- Does FutureAdvisor provide tax advice?
- Do you take taxes into consideration when allocating between taxable accounts and retirement accounts?
- Your choices when rolling over a 401(k) containing employer stock
- What is a Backdoor Roth? Is a Backdoor Roth IRA right for me?
- Your options for tax efficient educational savings
- View all (6 more)
- Do I need to transfer my accounts?
- Can I transfer one account type into another account type (ex: Roth to an Individual)?
- How long will it take to transfer my money during enrollment?
- Do I have to liquidate my funds in order to transfer them?
- Should I consider taxes when liquidating funds prior to transferring them?
- View all (3 more)
- How is FutureAdvisor’s management fee charged?
- What fees can FutureAdvisor help me reduce or avoid?
- Is FutureAdvisor's Premium management fee included in the retirement projections on my dashboard?
- Can FutureAdvisor's management fee be paid by credit or debit card?
- Why do I have such a high fee score on my dashboard?
- View all (2 more)
- Can FutureAdvisor place specific trades that I request in my account?
- I am holding a Mutual Fund or ETF that I really like, can I hold on to it?
- Will I be able to place my own trades in the accounts that you manage for me?
- How does the algorithm decide how and what to invest in?
- If I sign up, will you do anything other than make the recommended trades you've shown me?
- View all (1 more)
- I already have a 529 plan. Can I roll it over for FutureAdvisor to manage?
- Can I sign up for an education account if I'm already a Premium client?
- Why do you feature the New Hampshire 529 Plan if I’m not living in that state?
- What is the difference between a 529 and a Coverdell? Which does FutureAdvisor recommend?
- View all